Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Summer Shape Up 2K15 Begins!

Hello All!
I've been gone for a few days, resting up and battling some SERIOUS jet lag. There are two (or three) more posts left to wrap up my travels in Japan and Vietnam, which should be up by the end of the week.  If you want to catch up on the other videos before the new ones go up you can watch them all on this playlist: Ivy Rose Travels.

Today I wanted to refocus for a bit and get back to another major component of this blog. Those of you who were followers before I took my LONG hiatus might remember my Fitober post in which I discussed my journey to better physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual health. Although I've done a fair job of maintaining my physical health I experienced some major dips in mental/emotional health and it is definitely time for a boost. As is customary during my summer breaks I am once again beginning my Summer Shape Up routine!

Since my schedule is much less intense (with fewer classes and no work/research) I am taking extra steps in tightening up my diet, working out daily and engaging in various practices to improve my mental, spiritual and emotional health.

Check out the video below to gain some insight into the first step in improving my diet: Replacing two meals a day with Smoothie King's Lean 1 protein shakes*.  The shakes are DELICIOUS and really effective in both ensuring that I get enough of the "good stuff" while also curbing hunger and assisting in fat burn during workouts. I drank the shakes for almost a whole year in the second year of my journey and they were particularly helpful for me as I often find it difficult to get a healthy breakfast in, which can make or break the entire diet/workout program.



Other components of Summer Shape Up 2K15 include, but are not limited to:
 - Cooking 90% of meals/snacks (high in protein, fiber, vitamin C, and other essentials) to ensure that there are tons of healthy eating options
 - Controlling portion sizes
 - Drinking tons of water
 - 90 min of cardio 4-5 times a week and weight training 3 times a week
 - Morning and Evening meditation (I use a few different guided programs, which I will discuss in future posts)
 - Journaling (this blog and the vlogs are a part of that process)


I'll definitely post updates and videos here and on the YouTube channel so make sure you subscribe there as I might not always post everything in both places.

I hope you all find these posts motivating and I'd love it if you joined in and left comments discussing your own Summer Shape Up programs. As always...

Enjoy the journey...

*The protein shakes are actually manufactured by Nutrition 53, but I've only ever seen them sold at  Smoothie King stores. After some research I have found that you can also order them through Amazon and some have even found them at Stop & Shop for almost half the price.

No comments:

Post a Comment